In the distant future our home, sol, lies in a time of warlords and tyrants, a time of widespread anarchy, and a time of ruin. What was once our home, Terra, has become nothing less of a ruin the cradle of humanity is nothing but a broken frame, but not all is so bleak. Throughout Sol many worlds, many peoples, many civilizations thrive on the distant worlds of Sol. In this time of self made men anything can happen from the destruction to the rise of mighty Empires.
1. This is a time after a great fall meaning technology has fallen substantially. Most weapons are kinetic in nature while things like Lasers are for the upper class or the heaviest of ship or vehicle classes
2. This RP will take place in Sol and Sol alone. Every faction must come from Sol in some shape or form and may not have any outside territory
3. No Aliens, the different breeds of Humans should do (The many different breeds of human are very 'Alien' to our minds and all the sub-species are really only related by a common ancestor)
4. No Godmodding, Being OP, Metagaming, you get the drift.
5. For Simplicities sake to travel from the Sun to the edge of Sol takes 3 Terran days within the RP (Judge all actions and timing off of this please)
Faction and Claiming Rules:
1. No Aliens as stated before
2. No outside territory as stated before
3. First come first serve basis for claiming
4. Claiming rules are as follows:
- One may claim anyone of the Terrestial planets and moons (If applicable) the Terrestial planets being Mercury, Venus, Earth, and Mars. Pluto can also be claimed by itself.
- One may claim part of the outer planets (As anyone solely owning Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune, and Uranus would be rather OP from the get go)
- A 'Part' of a outer planet is defined as either part of the surface (If applicable) and a few moons (And please don't just swallow up all the good moons and then let let other people claim them) for Example one could take Titan on Saturn and then a few minor moons not take Titan and then all the other major moons.
Now for the planet conditions (Below each planet are the moons if applicable):
Mercury was once a inhabitable rock and in most cases it still is an old terraforming project brought 'some' life now Mercury is much like tatooine in star wars (a barley habitable space rock). It has decent mineral wealth but things like water and fertile soil are extremely rare if not impossible to find.
Venus was terraformed not for mineral wealth but to be a luxury park for the rich and wealthy. After centuries of mismanagement and general neglect Venus has become a toxic jungle full of deadly predators, acid rain, volcanoes and heat vents a plenty, and even the air itself has become foul and toxic. But Venus's mineral wealth has yet to be tapped into for those willing to risk the creatures that dwell above and below Venus...
Our home world is nothing but a ruin shattered by industrialization, rampant green house emissions, and many other factors. Terra's surface is now a mix of toxic wastelands, the sea of rust (Massive junk piles stretching for miles), or barren desert just barley able to sustain life. The once great oceans are gone save one the old pacific now the size of the black sea. Life is able to still live on terra but not at the levels before. Terra's mineral wealth is stripped and bare with only basic metals being found in mines.
Luna: Luna on the other hand is terraformed to the point of being as fertile as our old Terra was the rich and wealthy live on Luna as the poor work and suffer on Terra
Mars was terraformed long ago to being a habitable desert with small lakes being present on the surface. Mars is comparable to what Arabia is today with some parts of mars still being rather infertile and smaller sections being fertile. Mars is rich in mineral wealth and some parts have been already mined out by corporations long ago but still some sections of mars are untapped. Scattered across mars are many old mining camps and equipment and many settlements built into the sides of the rock walls.
Phobos and Demos: Both are just for mining really they have had some mining presence but nothing major.
Jupiter itself was never terraformed as the gas it produces was deemed to valuable to waste. The people of Jupiter live on floating cities/mining platforms that collect and refine the gas. Most of Jupiter's population though lives on it's many moons.
Galilean Moons: The Galilean Moons (Lo, Europa, Ganymede, and Callisto) have all been terraformed to something like the climates of the Central America.
Amalthea Moons: The Amalthea Moons (Metis, Adrastea, Amalthea, Thebe) are mainly for mining and some have been deemed worthy of terraforming
Other: The moons that fall under the Himalia, Carme, Ananke, and Pasiphae moon groups are mainly for mining with maybe one or two being terraformed.
Saturn itself is much like Jupiter with floating cities and all. It's main population lives on the moons much the same as Jupiter
Major Moons: The Major Moons (Mimas, Enceladus, Tethys, Dione, Rhea, Titan, and Lapetus) have all been terraformed comparable to the American Midwest.
Other: All the minor moons are for mining purposes and maybe one or two have been terraformed
Uranus is a Ice giant and it's situation is much like the Gas Giants. Most of the planets population live on it's moons.
Major Moons: The Major Moons (Mirandia, Ariel, Umbriel, Titania, and Oberon) are a mixed group with the largest Umbriel, Titania, and Oberon being terraformed to rather laughable degree (Comparable to the russian steppes and Siberia)
All other moons are either for mining or have been terraformed to just barley able to support life
Neptune itself is much like Uranus being an Ice giant and all.
The only moons of worth on Neptune are Triton and Nered both terraformed to a standard of modern day Arizona
All the other moons are for mining.
Pluto (Yes, I know, not a planet):
Pluto is barren and devoid of life and is really just for mining most of the Dwarf Planet's population lives on Pluto's moon Charon which has been terraformed to the degree of Peru
Pluto's other moons are for mining really.
Ceres has been terraformed and is a major port for miners within the asteroid belt. It is barren but livable by anyone's standards.
Haumea, Makemake, Eirs, and Sedna:
All are for mining and that's about it.
Skills and Weapons:
Happy trails people!